GroovaRoo is a low impact dance class for pregnant and babywearing caregivers offered in Nashville and the Middle TN area.
PRENATAL: Mom needs to be in the second trimester to participate in a class.
NEWBORN: Baby needs to be at least 6 weeks old and mom needs a medical clearance from a doctor to participate in physical activity.
Benefits of GroovaRoo
- Releases endorphins to reduce stress and promote better sleep
- Hip movements create muscle memory for use during labor
- Can help reduce the risk of gestational diabetes
- Improves cardiovascular endurance and strength
- Another way to create a connection with your baby before birth
- Prenatal dance helps move baby into an optimal birth position
- Reduce low back and pelvic pain
- Great way for Dad to be able to bond with baby
- Can help with postpartum depression (A rise in oxytocin levels and decrease in cortisol levels)
- A tool to help you calm a fussy baby
- Decrease postpartum recovery time
- Creates a sense of security and trust between parent and infant/child
- GroovaRoo is a great way to socialize for both baby and parents, to make new friends, and find support so you can share the highs and lows of parenthood
I offer group classes, private classes, and party classes.
I am NOT a dancer and am generally terrified of choreography, but Michelle Lloyd might be one of the nicest and most supportive people I have ever met! She is a great teacher, extremely patient and so encouraging. The baby loves it too! The other night she was LOSING it and could not be consoled. I tried one of the dances in the kitchen as a last resort, and she immediately calmed down and started smiling. That alone made it worth it, but being around other new moms (and dads!), getting some activity, and seeing Michelle each week has been icing on the cake. Please give it a try–you will be so happy you did!CB